Bernadette

Bernadette was content as a maid in the palace of Versailles until the French Revoulution turned her world upside down.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, Kiribati

"There's only us/There's only this/Forget regret/Or life is your's to miss/There's only now/There's only here/Give in to love/Or live in fear/No other road/No other way/No day but today" ~RENT Words to live by!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

April 17th, 1789

What never ceases to amaze me about the palace is that even when there is so much etiquette, regarding even the simplest things, such as who may hand the soap to the servant washing the King during his bath, there seems to be no care or worry about where a man may relieve himself. Today, as I was walking down one of the many hallways, I saw a man facing the corner. As I got nearer, I could hear the water hitting the marble floor!
No wonder there is always an awful stench about the palace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ravens n' Robins said...

sam-
I know! It's so gross. Thing is, though, it's totally true. Guys did that all the time!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home