Bernadette

Bernadette was content as a maid in the palace of Versailles until the French Revoulution turned her world upside down.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, Kiribati

"There's only us/There's only this/Forget regret/Or life is your's to miss/There's only now/There's only here/Give in to love/Or live in fear/No other road/No other way/No day but today" ~RENT Words to live by!

Friday, January 13, 2006

May 3rd, 1789

Nicole, one of my only friends in the palace, has told me very dangerous things. If anyone but her and I had heard, she could be in very enormous trouble.
She told me that she wants to leave the palace, and pursue acting. This might not sound like much, but when someone passes the Gates of Gold, and enters the palace, they are here to stay, and will not leave. It is also scandalous for a woman to want to become a player, since it is forbidden for a woman to act. When plays are preformed for the court-not that I have been allowed to see them, but I have heard others talking about them- men play all of the female parts. If she did become an actor, she could be killed for breaking the law.
Even to leave the palace would be a trial. Once one enters the palace with the intent to live there, they do not leave. The Palace of Versailles is a cage cast in gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home