Bernadette

Bernadette was content as a maid in the palace of Versailles until the French Revoulution turned her world upside down.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, Kiribati

"There's only us/There's only this/Forget regret/Or life is your's to miss/There's only now/There's only here/Give in to love/Or live in fear/No other road/No other way/No day but today" ~RENT Words to live by!

Monday, January 16, 2006

May 12th, 1789

I have spoken to Nicole again, and I have begged her not to leave. I told her of the dangers that she would face.
“I know,” she said, “But I have to. I feel like a bird who’s wings are clipped. I need to fly. I will find a way to leave. I know the reasons I cannot, but that will not stand in my way.
“Please don’t leave me. You are my only friend. If you leave, who will I talk to? Who will I look forward to seeing again?”
“I will stay a bit longer, until September at least.”
So this is it. I have only a few more months with my only friend. When August comes, I don’t know what I will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home